not a clue
If somebody said they were a directory operator for the phone company in Norton how many people would know where that office is? I'm trying to prove a point and satisfy a curiosity.
[LEFT][IMG]http://www.dsslexius.net/forums/images/smilies/goneinsanegif.gif[/IMG][/LEFT]
not a clue
[IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]
In Norton Va?
GO VOLS
The Verizon building downtown across from City Hall and Post Office
[IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]
Building beside of VEC and DMV years ago use to be where operators were at not sure what it is used for now
Exactly fleahop. I'm guessing you've either worked there or know somebody who works/worked there. The reason I ask is they recently started enforcing a dress code. They want to project a professional image to those seeing the employees entering or leaving the building/premises. The code is enforced company wide but local management can make changes. Almost nobody has a clue what the people in there do or who they work for despite the large sign on the front of the building and the one near the road. So who gives a she-ut if they wear Bermuda shorts, a Hawaiian flowery shirt, and flip flops? The customers don't see them so it shouldn't matter. If they're so concerned about professional image they should do something about the sign near the road because the check mark is peeling off. lol
[LEFT][IMG]http://www.dsslexius.net/forums/images/smilies/goneinsanegif.gif[/IMG][/LEFT]
Quit yer *****in. We have to endure a millitary dress code-boots polished,unis ironed and pressed,no beards (moustaches have a set trimmed standard as well),no ear rings,hair mustn't touch collars or ears (can't even have logos/writing near collar on t-shirt under the uniform,and even the T-shirt has to be blue or black),insignia must be placed in certain exact spot,as well as your name slot,and nobody in the public will ever see me unless I am transporting an inmate to court. We also have seasons where one type of uni must be worn-no exceptions-nothing in the world like being in a hot pod,sweat rolling,and having to wear your long sleeve unis (and you are wearing it for a 12-hour shift).If you forget to shave,then the Captain tells you that you need to start sleeping closer to a razor,and hands you a tiny inmate razor (have to pinch handle with thumb and index finger just to use it) and you dry shave there on the spot (had 5 rookies get to do that recently-the folks at ROSP figure that you were taught the dress code at the Academy,and you have no excuse-btw I've never had to dry shave in 11 years of doing this) We even have to wear a certain color of socks,although those are never seen (and yes during muster/inspection from time to time,they will be checked) Be thankful in this day and age that you have a job. Shoot, we can't even bring a pack of gum/cough drops in with us,but it is what it is. No matter where you work,there's going to be gripes,but at least we are holding our own instead of mooching off the govt/taxpayers friend. When you get paid by somebody,then they get to set the rules. That's just the way that it is. We all sign up for it so to speak. I envy those who work for themselves sometimes (but then when I go to the Dr I don't so much). Don't get me wrong and tell folks that I'm griping about my job. I understand that employees have rights,but so does the employer. Those limits are set so folks don't come rolling in like they are coming off a 3 day drunk,and I'm cool with that.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future
I understand and agree with you completely Unchained. I didn't mean to gripe/rant so much. And don't get me wrong, I'm thankful for my job. And even more so when, like you, I am at the dr. I just wanted to see if anybody on here would know where the office is. It just proves the point I have made at work. People know where and what a building is only if they go in there frequently enough. Oh well, c'est la vie!!
[LEFT][IMG]http://www.dsslexius.net/forums/images/smilies/goneinsanegif.gif[/IMG][/LEFT]
Your getting paid, You got a job, shut the hell up and quit *****ing. No one is is keeping you there against your will.
GO VOLS
Who pi$$ed in your wheaties?We live in the USA. I can ***** if I want and so can anybody else.
[LEFT][IMG]http://www.dsslexius.net/forums/images/smilies/goneinsanegif.gif[/IMG][/LEFT]
Bookmarks